Hundreds Join United Way Day of Caring
HUNDREDS JOIN UNITED WAY DAY OF CARING THROUGHOUT WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS THIS FRIDAY
Pioneer Valley, MA (September 20, 2019) — Friday will mark United Way of Pioneer Valley’s 25th annual Day of Caring, as two hundred and fifty volunteers roll up their sleeves and render volunteer service to dozens of local non-profit agencies.
This year twenty-five non-profit agencies are participating in Day of Caring, and over thirty unique projects that will be taking place. The United Way of Pioneer Valley Day of Caring is the largest volunteer day of service in Western Massachusetts, and brings together local businesses and non-profit agencies to accomplish meaningful work in the community.
United Way Day of Caring is an excellent team building opportunity for employees, and a perfect opportunity for a non-profit agency to accomplish tasks and projects that they otherwise would not have the capacity to complete. We invite you to the following agencies to cover a few of the great projects taking place during the 2019 Day of Caring.
- A group of 15 from Berkshire Bank will be volunteering with Birthday Wishes by wrapping birthday gifts for children who are homeless.
Located: 4 Open Square Way, Suite 209, Holyoke MA 01040
- A group 20 from Mestek Inc. will be completing cleaning and landscaping projects at the Wistariahurst Museum.
Located: 238 Cabot Street, Holyoke MA
- A group of 15 from Harry Grodsky and Co. will be painting projects at The Salvation Army.
Located: 170 Pearl Street, Springfield MA
- A group of 20 from Bay State Health and Excel Dryer will be volunteering at Stanley Park completing a variety of landscaping and painting projects.
Located: 400 Western Avenue, Westfield MA
- A group of eight from Collins Pipe will be helping with outside projects at the Gray House.
Located: 22 Sheldon Street, Springfield MA
- Several groups from Baystate Health, Westfield Bank, and Health New England will be helping with painting and beautification projects at multiple Westfield Public Schools.
Located: Southampton Road School: 330 Southampton Road, Westfield MA
Westfield Intermediate School: 350 Southampton Road, Westfield MA
Highland School: 34 Western Ave, Westfield MA
About United Way of Pioneer Valley
United Way of Pioneer Valley mobilizes people and resources to strengthen our communities. UWPV targets the community’s most pressing needs and focuses resources, community partnerships and the energy of volunteers to create measurable results. For more information visit www.uwpv.org.